Which Health Insurance Is Best In India 2021? Uncover Top 5 Health Insurance Plans
Author : raghavendra wibl | Published On : 31 May 2021
Coronavirus has been the biggest story of 2020 and it has come with a new strain in 2021. So, having health insurance is important to avail much needed financial assistance in case of any medical emergency due to pandemic or other types of illness. An adequate health insurance policy covers treatment expenses incurred on pre-hospitalization, post-hospitalization, ambulance services, room rent, ICU charges, doctor’s fee, medical costs and more. Let’s uncover which health insurance is best to buy in India in 2021.
Best Health Insurance Plans in 2021
Below mentioned are the best health insurance policies you can buy in 2021.
1. Reliance Health Infinity
Reliance Health Infinity is a comprehensive health policy, providing policyholders with a wide range of benefits. It covers up to 8 members of your family, which include 2 adults and up to 6 children. The policy also allows adding dependent children between the age of 91 days and 25 years. The policy is available for a term of 1, 2, and 3 years. The sum insured option ranges between Rs 3 lakh and Rs 1 Crore.
Key Inclusions and Benefits under the Plan
- Coverage for all daycare procedures
- Expenses incurred on in-patient hospitalization
- Costs of organ donor without ant sub-limit
- No sub-limits on room rent, road ambulance, AYUSH treatment
- Domiciliary hospitalization and Daycare procedure expenses
- 90 days pre & 180 days post hospitalization
Other benefits include a 10% discount* on buying this policy online, buying 2/3 years policy, for existing customer and on policy renewal.
2. Activ Health Platinum – Enhanced Plan
Activ Health Enhanced policy is a premium variation of Activ Health Plan. Designed by Aditya Birla Health Insurance Co. Ltd, this policy offers coverage of up to Rs. 2 Crore. It provides Day 1 cover for certain chronic illnesses such as high cholesterol, diabetes, hypertension, asthma, etc. What else? The policy lets you select a hospital room of your choice. Up to 30% of annual policy premium as Health Returns and 100% reload of the sum insured in case of unrelated illnesses and accidents within the same year are also available.
Key Inclusions and Benefits under the Plan
- Transportation expenses to a network hospital
- Organ harvesting expenses caused to the donor
- 60 days pre-hospitalization and 180 days pre-hospitalization
- In-patient hospitalization without any limitations of diseases covered or room rent
- Second e-opinion on critical illness coverage
- Daily hospitalization cash benefits available
- Daycare procedure and domiciliary treatment
- Maternity cover, including cover for newborn baby, vaccinations, medical essential treatment and lawful termination of pregnancy
- Free health checkup once every year
Other benefits under the Activ Health Platinum – Enhanced Plan include worldwide emergency Aid, recovery benefits, which include 1% of the sum insured and a maximum of up to Rs 10,000 in case of 10 days or more of hospitalization. Choosing this plan in 2021 is a good decision.
3. ICICI Lombard Complete Health Insurance Plan
ICICI Lombard Complete Health Insurance Plan is a comprehensive plan you can buy in 2021. It offers a total family health cover during planned or emergency hospitalizations and treatments. The policy also allows you to choose a more comprehensive option by choosing critical illnesses cover in addition to the basic plan. Moreover, Complete Health Insurance offers coverage for senior citizens as well as add-on covers, such as Wellness and Preventive Healthcare, Outpatient Treatment, and Maternity & New Born Baby Cover.
Inclusion and Benefits under the Plan
- Floater cover provides coverage for the entire family under a single policy
- Free health checkup available for every policy year. A maximum of 2 coupons are allowed per year for floater policies
- Medical cover for 30 days pre and 60 days post hospitalization
- Day-care expenses for surgeries and procedures
- Cover for room rent, doctor/surgeon’s fee, medicine bills, etc.
- Restoration benefits of up to 100% of sum insured
- AYUSH treatment cover, available in inpatient condition
- Ambulance cover a maximum of Rs 1500 per hospitalization
Complete Health Insurance ICICI Lombard also provides add-ons to enhance benefits, including Hospital Daily Cash, OPD Cover, Newborn Baby Cover, Donor Expenses Cover, and Critical Illness Cover.
4. Star Health Family Optima Plan
Star Health Family Optima is another plan to buy in 2021. It is a super saver policy, designed to cover the entire family members at an affordable premium. The plan covers dependent kids (16 days-25 years of age). Health check-up for every claim-free year is available
Key Inclusion and Benefits under the Plan
- In-patient hospitalization like room charges, ICU, nursing expenses, surgeon’s fee, etc.
- Pre and post hospitalization 60 days and 90 days respectively
- Air ambulance up to 10% of the basic sum insured
- 3 times automatic restoration of the sum insured by 100% for every complete exhaustion
- Organ donor expense up to 10% of the sum insured or Rs 1 lakh, whichever is less
- Newborn Baby cover subject to 10% of SI or Rs 50,000 whichever is less
- Emergency Domestic Medical Evacuation
Besides, Star Health Optima also covers Second Medical Opinion, offers a bonus of 25% of the basic sum insured in the second year and an additional 10% for subsequent years.
5. Max Bupa Health Companion
A comprehensive health insurance plan, Max Bupa’s Health Companion is ideal for individuals, couples, nuclear family, and extended family. It offers a cover of up to Rs.1 Crore and comes with lifetime renewability. The health insurance is also available as a top-up with the annual aggregate deductible option of Rs.1 Lakh, Rs. 2 Lakh, Rs. 3 Lakh, Rs. 4 Lakh, Rs. 5 Lakh and Rs. 10 Lakh.
Key Inclusion and Benefits
- 30 Pre- hospitalization, and 60 days post-hospitalization cover
- Cover for organ donor, daycare treatments
- In-patient treatment under AYUSH up to the sum insured
- Ambulance expenses up to Rs. 3,000 in case the in-patient claim is accepted
- OPD cover up to Rs. 5,000 for vaccinations or immunizations post an Animal Bite
- Domiciliary hospitalization (medical treatment at home) up to the sum insured
- Pre-existing cover after one or two years
Besides the above benefits, Max Bupa Health Companion also comes with Value Adds, including Daily Hospital Allowance, Top-up Plan on Annual Aggregate Basis, Critical Illness Cover.
To conclude, these are the 5 health insurance plans you can buy in 2021. Please note that every health insurance company in India is providing cover for COVID-19. Also, you can buy a standard coronavirus policy. To know more details about them or discuss any other policies, contact a health insurance aggregator online. Stay Fit Stay Healthy!