What are the places to visit near the Laka Glacier Trek?
Author : Dot Creative | Published On : 15 Jan 2022
Treks near Mcleodganj have grown in prominence, and one such trip is the Laka Glacier Trek, which is located at an elevation of 9500 feet above sea level. Laka Glacier Trek, also known as Laka Got Glacier, is India's lowest altitude glacier, located in Himachal Pradesh's Dhauladhar range. You have to hike 13 kilometers from the well-known Buddhist town of Mcleodganj to visit this glacier. Trekking to Triund and Laka Glaciers is surrounded by beautiful scenery and provides a panoramic view of the entire valley which will never fail to captivate you. Laka Glacier, the Dhauladhar ranges, Mcleodganj, and Kangra valley provide an ideal blend of nature and spirituality.
The view from the summit will last a lifetime, and camping on the mountain's edge is an adventure in and of itself. The walk to Laka Glacier is often known as a snowline trek. Use the most popular and ideal route on your walk to Laka Got Glacier, have some fun in the snow, and build a snowman before taking advantage of the opportunity to stay there. Laka Glacier Trek from Triund has grown in popularity in recent years due to the lack of snow on Triund, overcrowding on Triund, and a breathtaking view from the Laka glacier.
Highlights of the trek
If you're looking for a long weekend trip near Delhi, the Laka Glacier trek is one of the most popular and scenic treks you can do in a short amount of time. It is also ideal for novices. The magnificent sunset panorama of the snow-capped Dhauladhar peaks, the chilly wind, and the Kangra valley generate lifelong memories during this trek. The trek also includes:
- A camping experience under the clear sky with millions of stars.
- Sitting around a bonfire.
- Listening to calming music.
- Eating a hot dinner.
- A bird-watching experience due to the abundance of songbirds in the area.
Do not forget to snap photos while you're setting up camp here. Beginning in Mcleodganj, the snow-covered trail proceeds through a rich forest of oak, deodar, pine, and rhododendron adds to the beauty of the Laka Glacier hike. From July onwards, the glacier begins to melt, and during the post-monsoon season, there is no snow on the Laka Glacier. You can only view the moraines at that time, however during March to June, the glacier is full of snow, and it is the best time to hike to Laka Glacier. The Laka Glacier trek will allow you to observe nature's pristine grandeur. There are two routes to Laka Glacier- one through Dharamkot and one through Galu Devi temple. Trekkers favor the path that goes through Galu Devi Temple. You will see a lot of hikers on this path. The route through Dharamkot is less traveled and more difficult in comparison to the Gallu Devi trek.
Places to visit near Laka Glacier trek
- Bhagsu Waterfall: This popular tourist attraction is located 1km from Mcleodganj. It's in Bhagsu village, not far from Mcleodganj.
- Lahesh cave: You can see Lahesh caves while trekking to Triund. Laka Glacier is two kilometers away from Triund. The spectacular Lahesh cave is a famous trekking site because this cave is located at an elevation of 3475 meters and is a high-altitude trekking destination. So, if you wish to explore further after reaching the snowline, attempt Lahesh cave. You can enjoy the night with a campfire while camping overnight that will provide an unforgettable experience.
- Dalai Lama complex: Dalai Lama complex is a large, calm complex that includes many Buddhist monks, a café, a library, and a museum. Once you're here, tour the Dalai Lama complex, which will allow you to learn about a different culture and provide you with an unforgettable experience.
- Kareri Lake: Kareri lake is located roughly 40 kilometers from Dharamshala in the Dhauladhar range. Kareri Lake should be your first pick if you wish to embark on a long trip.
- Norbulingka Monastery: It is a Buddhist monastery located in Norbulingka, a few kilometers away from Mcleodganj. This location provides a stunning view when combined with finely groomed plants. Some Buddhist monks of the monastery are interested in other projects.
Come and witness the beauty with Manchala Musafir, and we promise you will definitely love your trekking experience. You will get to see lots of natural beauty and carry tonnes with beautiful memories to cherish a lifetime.