Types of Chronic Pain and Their Causes
Author : Dr Munish Lal | Published On : 07 Sep 2021
Most people who suffer chronic pain, experience symptoms such as widespread pain, weakness, dizziness, and insomnia. The symptoms can be debilitating to the patient and affect the quality of life. Chronic pain is one of the most common conditions that receive very less treatment. Patients suffering from chronic pain in Torrance are very often confused with other medical conditions. To get the best cure one should consult some good pain management Torrance.
The following paragraphs will discuss the different causes of chronic pain and the chronic pain treatment.
Causes And Treatments Of Chronic Pain:
- In the central nervous system, the pain signal is distributed throughout the brain. The nerves of the spine convey messages to and from the different parts of the body. The spinal cord receives messages from the nerves in the spine and directs them to the various organs and tissues.
- When the nerves are affected by injury or disease, the messages are not properly received or relayed. Some types of chronic pain are caused by degenerative and developmental diseases, stress, or infections.
- The nerves do not communicate well with each other and this results in messages not being received, a condition known as retrograde neurological communication.
- There are several different types of causes of chronic pain. They could include an injury, diseases, or infections in the spine, upper extremities, lower extremities, or nerves in the brain that are damaged.
- Some symptoms that indicate the presence of nerve damage are numbness, tingling, and/or pain when flexed or extended.
- There are several types of treatment for acute pain. Acute pain is typically associated with an acute injury and can heal quickly with rest and Ice. Non-inflammatory treatments for acute pain usually involve pain-relieving drugs, over-the-counter medication, or anti-inflammatory medications.
- Once the initial inflammation has gone, the tissues surrounding the injured area begin to heal. If the cause of the pain continues or worsens the condition will have to be treated.Surgical procedures can also be done to treat some forms of chronic pain.
- Acupuncture has been found to be an effective treatment for some forms of chronic pain. This treatment has been found to be helpful in treating severe cases of headaches, backaches, menstrual pains, PMS, and many other health problems.
- The principle of acupuncture is based on the idea that if the needles are placed in the skin of the body will be able to find a point of release and stop the problem at its source. There are some people who have had success in reducing their symptoms to the point where they no longer need medication or painful surgeries.
- Other treatments include Neuro muscular Therapy, and Deep Tissue massage.
- While these types of treatments can be very effective for some types of acute pain they may not be effective for long-term types of pain or chronic pain. Acupuncture, in rare cases, is successful in treating these types of problems but is not considered a cure.