Transarterial Chemoembolization (TACE) Market Analysis, Segments, Growth and Value Chain 2020-2027
Author : Dipak Gaikwad | Published On : 04 May 2021
Transarterial Chemoembolization (TACE) Market is expected to cross USD 2777.22 Million by 2025 at a CAGR of 8.57%.
The increasing prevalence of liver cancer is expected to drive the growth of the global transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) market. Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is fifth cancer in terms of incidence and the second leading cause of cancer death for men worldwide. The incidence of HCC is highest in Asia and Africa.
Browse Sample of the Report @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/sample_request/8564
Improvement in the reimbursement scenario is impacting the growth of the market. The cost of sorafenib is reimbursed by Taiwan’s National Health Insurance (NHI) administration with the TACE procedure. Moreover, Lipiodol is approved for National Health Insurance reimbursement for transcatheter arterial chemoembolization for HCC.
By Procedure Type
- Conventional TACE: Conventional TACE dominated the Transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) market as it is one of the oldest procedures used in HCC cases. Conventional TACE involves the infusion of chemotherapeutic drugs blended with lipiodol and embolic agents into the cancer-feeding artery
- DEB-TACE: This segment is expected to witness the fastest growth. DEB-TACE allows higher concentrations of drugs to the target tumor and lower systemic concentrations, compared with conventional TACE
- Unresectable HCC: TACE is a major treatment modality for unresectable HCC. The liver tumor which is not eligible for resection therapy given the extent of disease is considered as unresectable HCC
- Early-Stage HCC: In case of early-stage HCC, TACE is recommended if resection or local ablation is not feasible
By Product Type
- Chemotherapeutic Agents: Held the largest market share in 2018. Doxorubicin, cisplatin, and mitomycin are most commonly used in the TACE procedure. Doxorubicin is the most widely used chemotherapeutic agent for TACE of HCC. The dose of doxorubicin generally ranges from 30 to 75 mg/m2
- Radiotherapeutic Agents: TACE with radiotherapeutic agents is the most expensive treatment for liver tumors.
- Drug-eluting Particles: Drug-eluting beads have been imposed as novel drug-delivering agents for TACE. DC Beads is one of the most commonly used Drug-eluting beads. These beads are nonbiodegradable PVA microspheres, loaded with calibrated doxorubicin
- Hospitals & Clinics: It holds the largest market share that can be attributed to an increase in the number of patients afflicted by HCC, coupled with a rise in a number of hospitals, and quality care, and availability of skilled and qualified professionals.
- Cancer Research Centers: This is the fastest-growing segment due to increasing research funding for the development of effective treatment of HCC
- Americas: The region holds the largest share of the market. The market in the Americas has further been branched into North America and Latin America, with the North American market divided into the US and Canada.
- Europe: The European transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) market has been classified as Western Europe and Eastern Europe. The Western European market has further been categorized as Germany, France, the UK, Italy, Spain, and the rest of Western Europe.
- Asia-Pacific: The market in Asia-Pacific has been segmented into Japan, China, India, South Korea, Australia, and the rest of Asia-Pacific. The Asia-Pacific transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) market is projected to be the fastest-growing during the forecast period.
- Middle East & Africa: The market in the Middle East & Africa has been divided into the Middle East and Africa.
Browse More Details of the Report @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/reports/transarterial-chemoembolization-market-8564
Market Research Future (MRFR), enable customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through Cooked Research Report (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Raw Research Reports (3R), Continuous-Feed Research (CFR), and Market Research & Consulting Services.
Market Research Future
Office No. 528, Amanora Chambers
Magarpatta Road, Hadapsar,
Pune – 411028
Phone: +1 646 845 9312