Things you should learn from your mentor
Author : Sourav Kumar | Published On : 01 Apr 2021
- Gain valuable advice – Mentors can offer valuable insight into what it takes to get ahead. They can be your guide and "sounding board" for ideas, helping you decide on the best course of action in difficult situations. You may learn shortcuts that help you work more effectively and avoid "reinventing the wheel."
- Develop your knowledge and skills – They can help you identify the skills and expertise you need to succeed. They may teach you what you need to know or advise you on where to go for the information you need.
- Improve your communication skills – Just like your mentor, you may also learn to communicate more effectively, which can further help you at work.
- Learn new perspectives – Again, you can learn new ways of thinking from your mentor, just as your mentor can learn from you.
- Build your network – Your mentor can offer an opportunity to expand your existing network of personal and professional contacts.
- Advance your career – A mentor helps you stay focused and on track in your career through advice, skills development, networking, and so on.