How to Sell Used Baby Clothes Online
Author : Emily Clarke | Published On : 13 Sep 2021
When you become a parent, one of the first things you realize is how fast babies grow and consequently, how quickly they outgrow their clothes. As a result, parents are often left with bags of clothes that are in great condition but are no longer useful to their families.
Why sell used baby clothes?
Instead of tossing these clothes in the trash, reselling them is a great alternative. Although it may be a little more work, here are some of the perks of putting in the effort:
- You can make pretty good money. Depending on where and how you sell used baby clothes, you can make a decent profit and gain some of the money back that you originally spent on them.
- You can give your old baby clothes new life. If you toss your used baby clothes in the trash, they’ll ultimately just end up in a landfill somewhere. On the other hand, if you sell them, you can have peace of mind that they’re getting good use elsewhere with another family.
- You can help another family. Many families don’t have the luxury of being able to buy tons of new baby clothes. Why not sell used baby clothes at a reduced price so they can afford to buy what they need?
- You can clear out some storage room. If you’re running out of room in your garage, attic or storage closets, selling your old baby clothes is a great way to free up some space. Those clothes can take up quite a bit of room!
How to sell used baby clothes online
If you think you want to sell used baby clothes, doing it online is an easy and cost-effective way. Plus, there are plenty of places that will take your child’s used clothing. Just follow these steps to make the process as easy and smooth as possible.
- First, you’ll want to do your research to determine which companies will purchase your used baby clothes or allow you to sell them on their online platform. We recommend checking out Facebook Marketplace or conducting a quick Google search to find online retailers that will accept used baby clothing.
- Next, if you plan on selling your used baby clothes online, you’ll most likely need to have great pictures of each item. Spend some time ironing out all those wrinkles and photographing each item in bright and consistent lighting.
- Once you have all your photos, you can decide on prices. Make sure your asking prices are fair! Look at what new baby clothes are selling for and consider pricing your items significantly lower (unless it’s a specialty item, handmade item, etc. that is worth more).
- Finally, submit your items to online platforms. Make sure to follow up with interested buyers promptly and arrange for pickup whenever possible so you don’t have to bother with shipping items out to buyers.
- If specific items don’t sell, donate them to a charity.
Selling your used baby clothes online is a great way to make a little cash, and it doesn’t take too much work to prepare your items for buyers. Give it a try and see how successful you are!
Emily Clarke writes about organic and used baby clothes and gifts. You can find her thoughts at used baby clothes blog.