How To Prepare For MPPSC exam and become Government Employee
Author : palak khator | Published On : 19 Aug 2021
The Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission conducts various recruitment examinations so that the candidates will be posted in various Government departments and offices situated in the Madhya Pradesh state. First, get to know the MPPSC exams syllabus and the MPPSC exam pattern. This is because every exam consists of many things like MPPSC exam syllabus, preparation time, sectional cutoffs, etc.
MPPSC Prelims Examination Pattern 2021
Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission Exam’s syllabus is framed by the Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC). The MPPSC conducts Combined Competitive Examination (CCE) for the recruitments of various officers and employees in a different department of the Government of Madhya Pradesh. Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC) Prelims 2021 is like UPSC Prelims as it is nothing but the screening test to filter out candidates in the funnel of MPPSC exams.
Study with the Best MPPSC Coaching in Indore for you Exam preparation
MPPSC Prelims Syllabus
Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC) Prelims 2021 is like UPSC Prelims as it is nothing but the screening test to filter out candidates in the funnel of MPPSC exams.
The marks obtained in the prelims won’t be considered in the final merit list. The detailed syllabus of MPPSC Prelims is given below:
MPPSC Preparation Tips
Aspirants before utilising the MPPSC Notes and MPPSC study material should know the following things about MPPSC Exam:
- There is no negative marking in MPPSC Prelims as stated in the MPPSC Notification.
- MPPSC Result for State Service Exam (Prelims) 2019-20 has been declared which can be checked by the candidates in the linked article.
Before aspirants start stressing out about their competency to sit for the exam, they go through the article to understand everything about MPPSC Preparation. By the end of the reading, they will get answers to the following questions:
- How to go about MPPSC exam preparation?
- How to make MPPSC notes?
- What MPPSC preparation books to read?
- How to follow MPPSC current affairs?
- Which is the best book for MPPSC preparation?
- How to make MPPSC GK notes in Hindi/English?
- From where to find MPPSC mains study material? Etc.
CREATE A STUDY PLAN
There is no excuse whatsoever for not having time. Preparing for any examination, it be university, aptitude for a job or MPPSC requires a plan.
Create a plan which incorporates how you are going to study. The plan should include the time for each skill (Listening, Writing, Reading, and Speaking). Do not underestimate and skill.
Some people tend to concentrate on Reading and Writing. However, it is important that you master the tricks of answering the listening sections.
- Read Your Textbooks
- Read your textbooks first and make jotting the second time you read them. Never go in for making jotting from the moment you start reading your textbooks. When you read your textbooks for the first time, don’t start making jotting there and then. For the first turn, just read the book and underline/ highlight the important things.
- You are supposed to start making jotting when you start reading the books for MPPSC preparation for the second time. Second time reading will help you understand the important points of the chapter and the things you need to remember.
- Make Bullet Points
- This is a very important part of making notes for MPPSC exam preparation. Always keep in mind that the NCERT notes for MPPSC you make are in bullet form. They should be short points which are crisp and easy to understand.
- Long paragraphs are a waste of time and it adds no extra value to the jotting. The way we write our notes is the way we also write in the exam. So, make sure that you write your jotting in the bullet format as this is the best way of writing answers in the exam as well.
- Make Short MPPSC Notes for your Preparation
- Record-making is a very lengthy process but it is one of the most beneficial parts of studying. When I was making records, I always made sure that all my records are short and to the point so that I could study them just before my exam.
- For example, I made notes for modern history. Modern History has a vast syllabus, but in my records, they turned out to be 15 pages only which were very easy to read just a day before the examination. It made my task a whole lot easier and helped me to revise the entire syllabus in just a few hours. Learn how to make shorter & effective notes for MPPSC preparation.
- Use Current Affairs as a Part of Your Note-Making
- When you read a newspaper there are a lot of articles which are directly related to some of the other subjects. Always try making records or short points for the articles or editorials which you think are important. I used to make my current affair records in “Ever note” and during the exam combined those current affairs with my answers. Learn how to prepare current affairs for MPPSC preparation.
- For example, in the GS II paper which is regarding Polity and Governance, there were a lot of updates. So there was a Supreme Court judgment on Right to Privacy which had a lot of articles and editorials coming up and what I did was make notes on them and club them together.
- I used all those points in my answer in the examination which I guess helped me fetch more marks. Writing an answer which is related to current affairs always helps you get more marks compared to writing a generic answer.
In the case of most entrance examinations, include MPPSC, one can learn new concepts only until a particular date. After that, a lot of revision must be undertaken. Despite efforts made by coaching classes, students will have to spend time revising previous concepts.