"FSSAI Food License | StartupFino"
Author : pari khanna | Published On : 21 Nov 2023
FSSAI stands for the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. It is a regulatory body responsible for ensuring the safety and quality of food products in India. FSSAI registration is a mandatory requirement for individuals and businesses involved in the manufacturing, processing, packaging, storage, distribution, and sale of food products in India. Here's what you need to know about FSSAI registration:
- Who Needs FSSAI Registration: FSSAI registration is required for all food businesses in India, including small and medium-sized enterprises, as well as large food manufacturers and distributors.
- Types of FSSAI Registration: There are three types of FSSAI registration, and the type of registration you need depends on the size and nature of your food business:
- FSSAI Basic Registration: This is suitable for small-scale food businesses with an annual turnover of up to Rs. 12 lakhs.
- FSSAI State License: This is required for medium-sized food businesses with an annual turnover of more than Rs. 12 lakhs and up to Rs. 20 crores.
- FSSAI Central License: Large food businesses with an annual turnover exceeding Rs. 20 crores need to obtain a Central License.
- Application Process: To obtain FSSAI registration or license, you need to apply online through the FSSAI website or portal. You'll need to provide details about your food business, such as the type of food products you deal with, the location of your business, and other relevant information.
- Documents Required: The documents required for FSSAI registration may vary depending on the type of registration you are applying for. Commonly required documents include:
- Identity and address proof of the business owner or partners.
- Proof of possession of premises (e.g., rent agreement or property papers).
- Details of the food products to be manufactured or sold.
- Food safety management system plan.
- Partnership deed, if applicable.
- NOC from the manufacturer, if you are a distributor.
- Fees: The fees for FSSAI registration or licensing vary depending on the type of registration and the duration for which you apply. It's important to check the current fee structure on the FSSAI website.
- Validity: FSSAI registration is typically valid for 1 to 5 years, depending on your preference and the fee you pay. After the expiry, you will need to renew your registration.
- Compliance: Once you obtain FSSAI registration or license, you are required to comply with the food safety and labeling regulations specified by FSSAI. Regular inspections and audits may be conducted to ensure compliance.
It's crucial to ensure that your food business is in compliance with FSSAI regulations to ensure the safety and quality of food products in India. For specific and up-to-date information on the registration process and requirements, you should visit the official FSSAI website or consult with a legal or regulatory expert.