Executive Education: How to Find the Right Program for You
Author : Aileen Scott | Published On : 07 Feb 2024
In the modern business world, in order to advance in your career, you need to keep learning new skills. The previous generation could manage their career by working in the same organization for decades and learning on the job. But times have changed: according to a recent finding by Gartner, the total number of skills required for a single job has been increasing by 10 percent year-on-year since 2017. So if you are an aspiring leader or have just acquired a leadership role, an executive education program might be the right route for you to enhance your career.
What is an Executive Education Program?
An executive education program specifically targets business professionals working in managerial or executive positions and those aspiring for leadership positions. Most executive education programs are short-term courses and focus primarily on improving business acumen and honing the necessary skills required to become an exceptional leader.
Who Should Take an Executive Education Program?
Executive education programs are best suited for professionals with a few years of experience. The typical candidate for these programs include:
- Early career professionals who can pursue the course to gain an edge in their current organization or while vying for a senior role at a new organization
- Mid-level employees who can strengthen their profile so as to become eligible for C-suite positions if they already have the required work experience
- C-suite members who often opt for executive education programs to sharpen their business and management knowledge and skills, and to help them network with C-suite executives at other organizations
Benefits of Taking an Executive Education Program
An executive education program can help you:
- Keep abreast of the latest knowledge and skills related to the job
- Enhance your résumé to apply for a senior role
- Become eligible for internal promotion
- Make a career change
- Learn from senior managers across industries
- Polish your leadership skills
Why Sign Up for an Executive Education Program?
Most organizations require professionals to have an MBA or Executive Education to be considered for C-suite roles. An executive education program can help you pursue the same, as well as give you an opportunity to expand your network.