European Work Visa: Requirements And How To Apply?
Author : harpreet singh | Published On : 24 Jul 2021
People love to go abroad in Europe to work in its finest countries. It is because of higher living standards, a safe work environment, big cities, and a stable economy. However, they first need to get a European work visa which permits them to work in a European city.
Working in Europe
Anyone who meets the norms and needs that the governments of the European countries have set can work in Europe. Most European states have their plans, through which they intend to attract overseas professionals and fill the job shortages in the various fields in the nations.
Need of a Visa to Work in Europe
Civilians of the USA, Australia, Canada, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, and European Union citizens don’t need a work visa to work in Europe. But upon moving into the country where they will be working, they must apply for their residence and work permit.
Citizens of other countries need to get a European work visa before entering the Schengen areas to work.
Requirements for a European Work Visa
Here are the standard requirements for a European work visa.
- One must fill an application form and get two self-signed copies of it.
- Applicants need two passport-sized photos that should not be older than three months before applying.
- A legal passport should not be more than ten years old and should be legal for three months after one plans to leave the Schengen area. The passport should have two blank pages for the visa sticker.
- Applicants also need a roundtrip flight reservation, indicating the flight numbers and entry and exit dates related to the Schengen territory.
- One also needs travel medical insurance covering all medical emergencies with hospital care and traveling back to hometown in an emergency, up to 30000 euros. It should also be legal in Schengen nations, and the applicant must buy it before applying for the visa.
- One needs to show a rent agreement too.
- The applicant also needs an employment contract signed by them and their employer from the Schengen country.
- Immigrants should also have evidence that proves their qualifications, for example, a degree.
- Finally, employees need proof that they are fluent in a European language, for example, Spanish.
How to apply?
To issue a European work visa, interested employees should carefully follow these steps; please note that these steps are the standard ones. They may vary from one European nation to the other.
- Applicants need to check the type of work visa that the country where they wish to work provides.
- Employees need to understand whether they are eligible to work in Europe.
- Applicants must meet all the criteria for a European work visa.
- Next, the applicant needs to gather all the required documents.
- One must then schedule a visa interview.
- Applicants must attend the interview with all their documents.
- Now all the immigrants need to do is wait for their visas to get processed.
Where to apply? - Applicants must submit their visa applications to a European representative organization in their home country. For example, it could be their embassy, consultant, or visa application centre.
When to apply? - It’s a substantial piece of advice to apply at least two months before traveling to Europe, because the application process takes up to 6 or 12 weeks, depending on the conditions.
European Work Visa validity and can it be Extended?
Almost all of the European work visas are valid for a year. Still, the visa employees can extend their visas in most countries. The visa details are given in the visa sticker on the back pages of one’s passport.
The holder will be able to extend their work visa after expiration. For that, they need to follow an application process and submit some documents to the European authorities of the nation where they are staying. They need to do this before their visa expires.
HS Consultants Education and Migration have a European Work Visa Consultant in India, who can help one with all the application needs and gather all their documents to approve their European work visa. So their dreams of working in one of the finest countries in Europe are fulfilled.