Epoxy Garage Floors -What is the Best Way to Keep Them Looking Brand New?
Author : John Maloney | Published On : 08 May 2021
Every home or business owner knows how hard it is to maintain a concrete garage floor. Bare concrete becomes dirty easily, it requires buying expensive chemicals to remove oil, paint, and dirt. If you want to make your garage look fresh and nice with much less fuss, an epoxy garage floor in Gilbert AZ is your right choice!
Besides, adding value to the house, and beauty to your garage, the lack of effort it takes to keep your garage looking nice, is one of the reasons that epoxy garage floors in Gilbert AZ, are showing up everywhere in residential and commercial settings. This type of floor system is highly resistant to harsh chemicals, impact, and stains. And very little maintenance is required to keep its beautiful look and shine.
Tips to Maintain Epoxy Floors
See below for 7 maintenance tips to prolong the lifespan of residential and commercial epoxy coating in Phoenix AZ.
1. Try to clean up any spills immediately after the spill happens.
2. Gently sweep or mop the floors to retain the shine of floors (only every 3 months is necessary)
3. Whenever your deep clean your epoxy garage floors, it’s crucial to sweep your floor first before mopping. This should be done because sweeping pushes away any harmful elements or debris that are sitting on the floors.
4. Avoid using cleaners that contain a high level of chemicals since they leave a film-like residue on the floors which makes the floors look less clean, plus they can affect the glossy finish of the floor.
5. Likewise, avoid using floor cleaners that contain high acidity levels because they can corrode the surface of your concrete floors when not properly removed.
6. A garden hose is a great way to mist the floor, but just don’t saturate the floor with sitting water for long periods of time.
7. Use welcome mats at the entry of doorways to minimize the amount of dirt and debris that is brought in.
Epoxy floors are one of the best solutions that do not require constant attention to keep them look their level best. It has high resilient properties and can resist stains, wear and tear, and abrasions. This unique property keeps all debris on the surface, making your floors easy to clean. Moreover, epoxy never requires the use of waxes or polishes to stay clean, making maintenance an extremely easy and affordable task throughout its life (up to 25-year).
Searching for ‘the best epoxy floor coatings near me?’ Dreamcoat Flooring is your right choice! We are dedicated to maintaining the highest quality products and installations for residential and commercial garage floor coatings using only industrial-grade epoxies, polyurethanes, and polyaspartic polyureas.
The author of this article is a leading installer of the epoxy garage floor in Gilbert AZ, with over 20 years of experience in the industry. In this article, he lists a few maintenance lists for garage epoxy floors. Find out more at https://www.dreamcoatflooring.com.