Direct-fed Microbials Market - Global Industry Report, 2030
Author : aarti mule | Published On : 14 Oct 2021
Direct-fed Microbials: Introduction
- Direct-fed microbials help provide the microbial balance in the digestive tract. They are widely used in the dairy sector, as they help improve digestion and reduce intestinal disorders.
- Direct-fed microbials provide health and medicinal benefits to animals. These benefits include preclusion and cure of diseases in addition to the basic nutritional components found in feedstuff. Decline in usage of antibiotic growth promoters across the globe is driving the sales of direct-fed microbials.
Key Drivers of Direct-fed Microbials Market
- The global direct-fed microbials market is expanding at a rapid pace owing to increase in awareness about feed quality and safety; rise in demand for animal feed and animal protein; changes in farming practices and technology; and replacement of antibiotic growth promoters with direct-fed microbials
- Recently, the European Union (EU) imposed a ban on the usage of antibiotics for promoting growth in animals. This is anticipated to boost the direct-fed microbials market in the region. Increase in instances of bans on antibiotics in other parts of the world are also fueling the market. Currently, North America is the major region of the global direct-fed microbials market.
Download PDF Brochure - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=78783
Poultry Application Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on application, poultry is estimated to be a rapidly growing segment of the market during the forecast period. Direct-fed microbials provide poultry birds with protein and help increase their growth rate. Demand for poultry meat is rising across the globe owing to its high nutritional value. This, in turn, is projected to drive the direct-fed microbials market in the near future.
- Direct-fed microbials are available in dry and liquid forms. The dry form has a longer shelf life compared to the liquid form. Dry microbials are used in various animal feed additive products, while liquid form direct-fed microbials are used by farmers, as they are easily mixable and do not affect the texture of the feed.
Covid-19 Impact on Direct-fed Microbials Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has adversely impacted a large number of countries across the globe. Various measures introduced to deal with the pandemic, such as lockdowns, decrease in trade activities, and shutdown of various factories and workplaces in several countries, could save lives; however, these measures are having wide-ranging economic effects inducing economic contagion. Along with the risk of slowdown of global growth, the effects of COVID-19 are adversely affecting various sectors in economies across the globe.
- Key segments of manufacturing have ceased operations in several countries across the globe in response to the lockdown orders issued by governments of these countries and the suspension of public transport services
- Manufacturers of direct-fed microbials across the globe are facing concerns regarding the availability of raw materials due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This has hampered the manufacture of products. The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic is estimated to be high on the direct-fed microbials market in 2020 and 2021.
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research – https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/manufacturers-in-pvc-coated-fabrics-market-strive-for-novel-formulations-for-optimizing-performance-in-end-use-industries-valuation-to-touch-mark-of-us-7-bn-by-2031-tmr-301317273.html
Europe Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Direct-fed Microbials Market
- In terms of region, the global direct-fed microbials can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is likely to constitute major share of the global market during the forecast period, owing to the presence of a number of animal protein manufacturing companies in the region. Germany and the Netherlands are expected to account for prominent share of the direct-fed microbials market in Europe in the near future, due to the expanding animal husbandry sector in the region.
- The market in North America is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to increase in production of direct-fed microbial based proteins across the region
Key Players in Global Direct-fed Microbials Market
The global direct-fed microbials market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 35%–40% share. Prominent players operating in the global direct-fed microbials market include:
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- E.I. Dupont De Nemours and Company
- Koninklijke DSM N.V.
- Chr. Hansen Holding A/S
- Kemin Industries, Inc.
- Biomin Holding GmbH
- Lallemand, Inc.
- Novus International, Inc.
Global Direct-fed Microbials Market: Research Scope
Global Direct-fed Microbials Market, by Type
- Lactic Acid Bacteria
- Streptococcus Thermophilus
- Bacillus Subtilis
Global Direct-fed Microbials Market, by Form
Global Direct-fed Microbials Market, by Application
- Aquatic Animals
Request for covid19 Impact Analysis - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=78783