Canada Permanent Resident- Liberties & Limits
Author : Yogesh Shukla | Published On : 24 Aug 2021
In today’s world, no one is unaware of the term ‘Canada permanent resident’ as it is in fashion now-a-days to apply for the Canada permanent residency on the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to migrate for life in the maple land.
Canada PR application is a bold move to make and the decision could be regretful to some as not many can adapt easily to an alien country’s locale.
So, to avoid any err, the applicants must have some beforehand knowledge about the entitlements and prohibitions of the Canada permanent resident.
Liberties of Canada PR holder
Holding a Canada PR is a marvellous experience as the Canadian empire is renowned for its immigrants-friendly nature and warm embracing towards the foreign skilled workers. Here are some points listed below that can be majorly counted as the liberties of the Canada PR holder in the land of maples trees.
- They can live, study and work anywhere in Canada
- They can avail medical facilities, and social benefits
- They are protected under the Canadian law and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- They have great prospects to become a Canadian citizen after a fixed period of time.
Limits of Canada PR holder
Well there always come restrictions alongside of the freedoms subjected. Similarly, the Canada PR holders are not entitled to everything in Canada. That right is reserved for the citizens only. Check out the various holds over the status of the permanent residency in Canada.
- They are prohibited from voting in the political elections and
- They are not permitted to hold any political or governmental office of any kind in Canada.
Scenarios where one can lose their Permanent Residency status
There are some circumstances that might lead the PR holder to lose their Canada PR status. Some of the conditions to dodge are listed below:
- When the holder becomes the citizen of Canada
- When the PR card expires before renewal
- If the person surrenders the PR visa
- If the PR owner commits some heinous crime
The Canada PR status doesn’t come easy as the applicant has to undergo the strenuous procedure of reckless documentation and compliance with the rules and regulations frame worked by the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
It is recommended to avoid indulging in such activities that may lead the PR holder in trouble. It is a must that the PR holder abides by the Canadian laws and legal scaffold to maintain their status of PR gracefully and eventually turn it into citizenship of Canada.
So, is the maple land your admirable destination for permanent settlement in 2021?
Well, all you are required to do is give us a call and get a quick call back from one of our Canada immigration consultants.
Try out our free online assessment form to get the Canada endeavour started!