Acts you must perform after Tawaf
Author : Abdullah Saif | Published On : 18 Nov 2021
Performing Tawaf of the holy Kaabah is a spiritual experience like no other. The state of being inside Masjid-al-Haram and observing the Tawaf of Holy Kaabah; it’s a dream come true for a believer. Considering its religious significance, it can be concluded that it’s obligatory for Hajj and Umrah pilgrimage. Hence, every pilgrim arriving in the city of Makkah for the holy rituals through its Umrah Packages from London must perform this Ibadah.
Here are some of the acts that must be performed after the performance of Tawaf.
After the completion of seven rounds of Tawaf, all of the pilgrims are advised to head towards Maqam-e-Ibrahim and offer two Rakat Salat-al-Tawaf there.
- If Salat-al-Tawaf cannot be performed immediately after Tawaf, it can be observed later.
- Pilgrims must make sure that they make plenty of supplication after the Salah as this is one of those stations where Dua is specifically answered.
- Salat-al-Tawaf can be offered at any time, but Makruh times.
- If a pilgrim has forgotten to perform the Salah altogether in Haram and returned home, Salah may be observed at home as well; no penalty will be due.
- It’s a Sunnah of Holy Prophet (SAWW) to recite Surah-al-Kafirun in the first Rakah and Surah-al-Ikhlas in the second Rakat.
2. Drinking water from Zamzam Well
After the completion of Salat-al-Tawaf, and making Dua, pilgrims must drink Zamzam water which is available in Masjid al-Haram. Though entrance to the old well of Zamzam has been covered in order to make more room for Tawaf; Zamzam water can now only be taken out from the various water fountains and dispensers present all around the Haramain.
When drinking the Zamzam water, it is a Mustahabb act to stand, face the Holy Kaabah, say Bismillah, drink water, and then pause to take a breath three times and saying Alhamdulillah after finishing.
3. Move towards Multazam
After the pilgrims have finished drinking Zamzam water, they may proceed to the Multazam; the area between Hajar-al-Aswad and the door of Holy Kaabah. If it is possible to reach the Multazam, considering the large crowd present there, a pilgrim must raise its hands above the head; cling to the wall and press your chest and cheeks against it; a Sunnah of the Prophet (SAWW).
On the other hand, if you can’t reach the Multazam area due to a large number of people present there, you may face towards it and supplicate from a distance.
4. Istilam of the Hajar-e-Aswad
Prior to performing Sayee of Safah and Marwah, it is a Sunnah act to observe Istilam of the Hajar-e-Aswad. You will be performing Istilam for the ninth time, however, only if you’re going to perform Sayee immediately after the completion of the Tawaf ritual.
Therefore, when in Haramain, these are some of the acts advised to perform after the completion of Tawaf.
Is Clean Shaving in Islam Haram?
What does Umrah Maqbool and Mabroor mean?
Difference Between Shifting and Non Shifting Hajj
Can Women Perform Hajj or Umrah During Menstruation?
Is Taking Photos of Yourself Haram in Islam?