5 Reasons to do Professional Year Program
Author : Echoes Education | Published On : 12 Apr 2021
A Professional Year Program is a standardized professional development program for international students in Australia. This program incorporates formal learning and work experience. Professional Year Programs are currently available in accounting, computer science, and engineering.
Professional year for mechanical engineering is a must for all mechanical engineering students if they want to stay on and do a job in Australia. Professional Year Programs also helps in getting extra 5 points while applying for permanent residency in Australia. Students learn industry-specific skills through research, classes and work experience, training them for technical careers in Australia.
Know the benefits of completing a Professional Year Program
- An internship allows you to gain valuable work experience in an Australian and understand the work culture.
- Inside the Australian workplace, you learn how to communicate professionally.
- When you apply for a Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa, you are eligible for an additional five points on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection's (DIBP) "point's exam."
- You would be able to gain a better understanding of the Australian workplace ethics and practices.
- It increases students' ability to find jobs in their chosen field by encouraging them to apply their expertise and technical skills in the Australian workforce.
What will you get from a Professional Year Program?
For international students who have graduated from an Australian university, the Professional Year Program (PYP) is an organized career development plan that combines workplace experience and structured learning. PYP is a 44-week program that includes a 12-week internship in a related company and is offered in Engineering, Accounting, and Computer Science.
The course is divided into 32-week Australian workforce and business communication skills training and 12-week business communication skills training.
For more information, you can contact echoes global education:
Technical Year Program's Importance
Let's look at why a professional year program is so important.
- It also aids in the acquisition of 5 migration points for permanent residency.
- Increases the importance of your curriculum vitae (CV)
- It is significant because it aids in the development of communicative skills and realistic experience and understanding of the Australian workforce and community, allowing you to interact efficiently and professionally in the workplace.
- Professional Year Certificate is given if you complete a professional year program mechanical engineering.
- Enhances practical skills by placement in a technical internship.
Who can enroll in a Professional Year Program?
To participate in the Professional Year Program, you must:
- Have a degree from an accredited Australian institution in accounting, engineering, or computer science is required.
- You must have a professional graduate visa subclass 485, which allows you to remain in Australia for up to 18 months after graduation.
- PYP applicants must be under the age of 50.
- Possess the qualifications and skills needed for an SOL-listed occupation (Skilled Occupation List).
- One must have completed course for at least two years of study in Australia and received the qualifying certification within the last six months.
International students with a mechanical engineering degree from Australia will benefit significantly from a Professional year for mechanical engineering . You'll develop your technical skills while also your chances of becoming an Australian permanent resident.